Dear Admissions Dean, Director & Officer:
Typical applicant screening and assessment process for most academic programs looks something like this:
1. Get overwhelmed with a mountain of written applications and personal statements to sift through.
2. Do lots of arbitrary sorting based on grades and standardized test scores to make the list more manageable.
3. Ask your applicants to do a computer-based situational judgement test that adds cost and time and more steps to the process.
4. Conduct in-person, unreliable and costly interviews, or mini interviews, on a fraction of students that make it though the above steps.
5. Review letters of recommendations that don't really add much value to the selection process.
6. Eventually get frustrated and select several individuals, offer them admissions and watch them underperform, flake after a few months, or worse a few years later get in trouble for professional misconduct tarnishing your reputation and the reputation of your institution.
7. Repeat the above steps again while crossing your fingers this time.
If your selection process, or at least some parts of it, looks like the above, your institution is in trouble. You are spending a lot of time and money and yet you do not have a reliable way to select A-players for your academic program, which you desperately need to remain competitive.
But you have an opportunity right now to take advantage of a free initial consultation with one of our experts and find out how our proprietary solution can help you select the best candidates in less steps, with less money and half the time.
Here's what others have to say:
“SortSmart is a convenient and innovative tool with a true potential to revolutionize candidate screening. Our startup is often hiring in positions including marketing and R&D. Seeing that several of our co-founders are spread across geographically distinct institutes including UCSF, University of Toronto and Harvard Medical School we find it difficult to hire new team members without bias or inconsistencies. SortSmart offers an efficient and effective solution to our problem through a user friendly, highly customizable screening tool that can be optimized to select the perfect candidates. I highly recommend SortSmart for candidate screening.” - Dr. Payam Zarin, PhD, Co-Founder of AllergenFree
“You can easily interview 3-4 times more candidates in a given week using SortSmart. Load up different sets of questions for different roles, and have the system automate the interview process without you being present. Then run through the interviews in batch work. This is a complete game changer!” - Rokham Fard, Founder of TheRedPin and PsychologyCompass
"It is a fact that a challenge of our times is to be able to pick the right candidates... how to sort them out? For too long we have relied on whoever has the most impressive list of degrees or a great sounding last names (biases). SortSmart is a new tool for a new world where we will finally be able to answer the questions: Is this person a good fit for this job, project, company or organization?" - Gabe Bautista, Consultant, GabeBautista.Com
In a news article, the CEO of Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada, Dr. Geneviève Moineau, voiced her agreement with SortSmart that “better ways to evaluate “humanistic” factors including “one’s capacity to learn” and “the intrinsic motivation to provide care and to advance scientific discovery” are needed.”